Tools & Training
WaterSense offers a number of helpful tools to assist hotels in assessing, changing, and tracking their water use. After you take the H2Otel Challenge pledge, try some of these tools to help you get started:
- Best Management Practices: WaterSense at Work (308 pg, 5.38MB, About PDF) shows you ways to reduce water use in all areas of the hotel, from guest rooms and kitchens to landscapes and swimming pools.
- Educational Webinars: From learning how to conduct a simple water assessment to reviewing specific water management best practices, you can learn from the professionals who have reduced water in hotels through live or recorded webinars:
- Take the Plunge: The WaterSense H2Otel Challenge on February 27, 2014 (rescheduled from February 13th) from 2:00 to 3:00pm Eastern: Register now.
- Take the Plunge: The WaterSense H2Otel Challenge on March 12, 2014 (repeat presentation) from 2:00 to 3:00pm Eastern: Register now.
- Assess, Track, Realize Paybacks on March 6, 2014 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern: Register now.
- Washing 101: A Plumbing and Laundry Efficiency Primer on March 27, 2014 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern: Register now.
- Water Assessment and Project Evaluation Tool: Coming soon, you can also calculate simple payback periods for some of the most common hotel water-saving upgrades.
- Saving Water in Hotels: Learn some quick tips for saving water in lodging facilities in this fact sheet (2 pg, 624K, About PDF).